We take your privacy seriously
Browsing Our Website
This website does not collect personally identifiable information from your computer when you browse this website and request pages from our servers. This means that, unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide us with personally identifiable information, Student Financial Assistance Center will not know your name, your email address, or any other personally identifiable information. SFAC servers automatically record non-personally identifiable information when you visit our website or use some of our products. When you request a page from our website, our servers log the information provided in the HTTP request header including the IP number, the date and time of the request, the URL (web site address) of your request, the language used, the browser type and any other information that is provided in the HTTP header. We collect the HTTP request header information in order to make our website function correctly. We also use this information to better understand how visitors use our website and how we can better improve its contents and functionality to meet your needs.
When we need to collect personally identifiable information from you to execute the requested transaction or provide you with a particular service, we will ask you to voluntarily supply us with the information we need. Student Financial Assistance Center will ask you for information such as, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address, and demographic information (such as income level and gender) to process your submission.
In addition, when you provide contact details for transaction requests such as scheduling an appointment or requesting a proposal, we will use the contact information to keep you updated about future offers or promotions unless you opt-out online or otherwise notify us.
This information may be collected from, but not limited to, the following sources:
• Our communications with you, including information obtained when you register for SFAC service or otherwise volunteer information, such as your income, assets you possess, and account payment history;
• Your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others;
• Outside companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, to evaluate your creditworthiness and credit history;
• Public sources, such as bankruptcy records and real estate records.
• Aside from the ways mentioned above, Student Financial Assistance Center sometimes uses your personally identifiable information in other ways, including sending you promotional materials, and sharing your information with third parties so that these third parties can send you promotional materials. (By "promotional materials," we mean communications that directly promote the use of Websites, or the purchase of products or services.). However, you may "opt-out" of certain uses of your personal information.
- How Student Financial Assistance Center Uses Personally Identifiable Information We may disclose a consumer's personally identifiable information in order to effect or carry out any transaction that you have requested of us or as necessary to complete our contractual obligations with you. The personal information collected on this site and by third parties will be used to operate the site and to provide the services or products or carry out the transactions you have requested or authorized. We prohibit the sale or transfer of personal information to non-affiliated entities for their use without giving you the opportunity to opt-out. We may share your personally identifiable information with affiliated companies that are directly or indirectly controlled by, or under common control of SFAC. We may send personally identifiable information about you to non-affiliated companies that are not directly or indirectly controlled by, or under common control of, SFAC. We may use this personally identifiable information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve SFAC technologies and services. We may change or broaden the use of your personal information at any time.Student Financial Assistance Center may use your personal information to provide customized content, promotional offers to individuals by means of email advertising, telephone marketing, direct mail marketing, banner advertising, and other possible uses. SFAC may also share aggregated information that does not identify you, the consumer, with outside companies. "Aggregated Information" refers to information SFAC gathers by aggregating non-personally identifiable information to provide summaries of use of the website. The aggregated information is used to show usage patterns and to do such things as negotiate with vendors of Internet services. Such information is not linked to the consumer's personal information.
We offer you choices when we ask for personal information, whenever reasonably possible. Student Financial Assistance Center provides you the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes. For example, if you purchase a product/service but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference on our order form.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of these by following the instructions included in each newsletter/communication or by contacting us (see contact information below).
Such consent may be withdrawn by calling the telephone number provided below or may be done in writing/email and sent to our customer service department at the following physical address or email address:
Student Financial Assistance Center
900 N Broadway Suite 700
Santa Ana, CA 92701
These third parties are prohibited from using or sharing your personally identifiable information for any purpose other than the job they were hired to do.
Securing the Transmission and Storage of Information
The security of your personal information is extremely important to us. We employ generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Student Financial Assistance Center maintain physical safeguards, such as secure areas in buildings; electronic safeguards, such as passwords and encryption; and procedural safeguards, such as customer authentication procedures to prevent ID theft. SFAC processes personal information on servers in the United States and in other countries. Access to information about you is restricted to authorized employees obtaining the information for business purposes.
Our site uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) security technology to encrypt information you provide to us through the site when entering sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number) on our registration or order forms. This ensures that your information is encrypted as it travels over the Internet. SSL is an industry-standard protocol for encryption over the Internet.
After information reaches SFAC, it is stored on a secure server that resides behind firewalls designed to block unauthorized access from outside of SFAC. You can help to maintain the security of your online transactions by not sharing your personal information or password with anyone. Remember, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. (Example: any information you provide us by email is not encrypted) Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about the security on our Website, please don't hesitate to e-mail us.
Links to Other Sites
While we try to link only to sites that share our standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the applicable privacy policies and terms of conditions of each and every Website that collects personally identifiable information.
We may be co-branded with "partners and affiliates" or part of a corporate group. We may share information about customers and former customers with these co-branded / corporate group companies. These business to business relationships are helpful to us and to you as they afford all concerned with greater product and service opportunities. Student Financial Assistance Center always provides opt-out opportunities regarding the sharing of your information with such partners and affiliates. Please note the sites linked to our site are governed by their own privacy policies which may or may not reach the standards set by SFAC.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
- We will make good faith efforts to provide you access to your personal information upon request. If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our product or service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate same by emailing our Customer Support by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Student Financial Assistance Center reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information, as required, to comply with the law, applicable regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, judicial proceedings, court orders or subpoenas, to enforce our Legal Notices or other agreements, or to protect our rights, property or the safety of our users or others (e.g., to a consumer reporting agency for fraud protection etc.), and to ensure the security of our network and services.
Enhancement of Information
We may purchase marketing data from third parties and add it to our existing user database, to better target our advertising and to provide pertinent offers in which we think you would be interested. To enrich our database of individual customers, we tie this information to the personally identifiable information they have provided to us.
In the event SFAC goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via e-mail and/or a prominent notice on our Website for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.